Today I talk to Peter Dyer, a keyboardist who tours with Mariah Carey, Aloe Blacc, St. Vincent, Cameron The Public, Van Hunt, Quadron, Jen Hirsch, and many other artists. Listen for Peter’s advice on:
- Embracing the variety of being a musician
- “Playing the part” as opposed to being a super chops oriented player
- Being “that guy” and developing a niche skill
- Thinking of yourself as a brand
- Being cool to hang around
- The importance of sounding busy (seems weird, I know)
Also, as mentioned in this episode, if you haven’t seen David after Dentist, here it is:
This is indeed, real life.
If you’re enjoying this podcast, click here to leave me a review in iTunes.
I’ll see you in the next episode!